To be our ‘best self.’
In a safe, nurturing environment and with each child at the heart of all we do, we inspire caring, tolerant and enthusiastic learners by providing the highest quality of education within the context of Christian belief and practice.
At Thurgoland CE Primary, we respect the uniqueness of each child and nurture their personal and individual gifts to prepare them for a successful adulthood. Our children have Christian values at the heart of everything they do: caring for others; welcoming everyone regardless of differences; and working together to contribute to a thriving class, school and local community. We strive to provide a learning environment that promotes and develops each child to their ‘BEST SELF’.
Through our broad and exciting curriculum offer we aim to:
• Foster a lifelong love for learning.
• Create a safe environment where children feel confident and brave to give unfamiliar things a go – embracing and grasping every learning opportunity.
• Along the way provide challenges that push learners out of their comfort zone, so that they experience struggle, recognise that this is an important part of growing and show resilience to overcome challenges.
• Through high expectations, encourage children to have high aspirations in their learning and future
• Promote and reward positive behaviours and actions, encouraging children to always show respect so that they keep themselves and others safe.
Values that are at the heart of Thurgoland